Saturday, December 29, 2007

The Cheese Fondue

Here is a fondue I put together for Doodle's 3rd birthday. It was a hit - I had no idea how big until I got multiple requests at the next family gathering. Substitute the cheese how ever you like. The first batch I made was literally from all the mixes of cheese I had in the fridge. The next one was with the Gruyere - and I'm not a huge fan of swiss - and ROCKED! Hope you enjoy!

1 cup of dry white wine (I like a good Chardonnay)
1/2 pound shredded Swiss cheese (oh I use sharp chedder instead)
1/2 pound shredded Gruyere cheese
2 TBS all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt (kosher)
1 tsp ground mustard
1 TBS Worcestershire sauce (more or less as you like)

Directions:
1. Simmer wine in a pot over medium low heat (or in fondue pot). Add Swiss cheese, Gruyere cheese, 1/4 pound at a time. Stir after each addition of cheese until melted.

2. Stir in flour.

3. When all cheese has melted stir in seasonings (salt, mustard, worc.)

4. Served with cubed french bread, broccoli flowerettes, cauliflower, apples - what ever you like!

Hope you enjoy!

No comments: